Thursday, January 3, 2013

2012

Goodbye 2012; Hello 2013!

Every year I say that the year has flown by, but this time I didn't actually feel that way at all. I'm more than ready to begin the new year, though 2012 was, in all honesty, pretty good to me. Here's a little recap.



January

January was a busy one! We moved from Tenerife to the peninsula. We roadtripped through Huelva, Seville, Caceres, and arrived finally in Madrid, where I visited the Prado and got to see my most favorite painting for the first time (eep!). We went to Toledo, where I fell in love with El Greco even more after seeing so many of his works all together in one place, and the Valle de los CaĆ­dos, where I saw snow for the first time EVER. That was pretty epic.




February

Got to know Madrid a little better, and received wonderful and ridiculous things in the mail.



March

Okay, I thought January was difficult to pick from. In March, I took a flight to Vienna where I met up with my doll. There, we went to the Leopold and Kunsthistorisches & Naturhistorisches Museums (saw the Venus of Willendorf!), went church hoppin' and to the Albertina, and visited the Akademie & the Belvedere. We then hopped over to Berlin, where we spent two days on Museum Island visiting the Altes & Neues Museums, the Alte Nationalgalerie, and the Bode and Pergamon Museums. We spent a third day walking around, visiting the Jewish Memorial, the Wall, the Jewish Museum, and the East Side Gallery. We were also able to meet up with our friend from high school, Susan, which was lovely!




April

I saw the wonderful, marvelous Hermitage exhibition at the Prado (I SAW THE LUTE PLAYER GAHH), Madrid was beautiful in the spring, my mum's computer almost exploded, and we had sleet. On April 29. Practically May.




May

May was apparently really uneventful. It's mostly pictures of Lady. I'll spare you. In may, I wrote ridiculous mail and saw a double rainbow. Lady began hiding from the bad, bad wind that entered our now open windows, as spring had sprung and we had clear, beautiful, warm skies. And I origami'd it up. I know how to party.




June

After portal'ing our parking garage, I had the pleasure of having Kimber over to visit. We first spent a lovely day in Madrid visiting the Prado where we saw 'The Last Raphael,' and the National Anthropology Museum. We went to Toledo (and visited its gorgeous cathedral), to the Retiro, the Caixa, and the Reina Sofia, saw the Change of Guard at the Royal Palace and the Almudena Cathedral, and visited the Thyssen, where we saw, by chance, the restoration of a Tintoretto.




July

Again, awesome mail. Sarah's amazing. My grandparents came to visit, we went to Segovia and saw the famous Aqueduct, and had sleet yet again. In July. How does this make sense?



August

In August, my brother's friends came to visit. We went to Parque Warner (twice), back to Segovia, to the Valle de los Caidos, to the city to see the Temple of Debod (thank you, Egypt), and then my brother gave me a fauxhawk. Let nobody say I am not badass.



September

Lots of birthdays, lots of rain. Also, I remade my wall!



October

Made some stuff for mah rooms, played around with vashta nerada, spotted slendurman outside my window, journaled with Lady, and failed to dress up as anything cool for halloween. Boring, I'll admit. But it's kind of hard to live up to Amy Pond, you know?



November

November was NaNoWriMo (I won!), so there were lots and lots of writing. There was also a lovely surprise in the mail from Sarah, my brother accidentally making a chocolate raptor claw, some journaling, realizing how utterly gorgeous Madrid is in the fall, thinking that perhaps I've lived in Limbo this whole time without realizing it, and my daddy's birthday.




December

December had Lady's birthday, Christmas decorations everywhere, myyy birthday



aaand the lovely packages that came with it. The apocalypse came and went, and before I knew it, the year was over.

I hope you had a lovely New Year's Eve/Day and that 2013 has treated you well so far!



Here's my recap from 2011


2 comments: