Saturday, August 4, 2012

fourth of august




  

For those of you who aren't aware, today marks the anniversary of a very momentous occasion. Namely, the day one of the most wonderful people I have the very great fortune of knowing was born. I didn't meet her until much later, mind you, and even when I finally did I was much too dim to comprehend the marvelous gift fate had sent my way, as Sarah herself never fails to remind me.


 
   
 
  


    

  

  

 
 I've known this lovely lady for eight years now, and I can't imagine my life without her. She's one of the kindest, smartest, and most honest, beautiful, and ridiculously entertaining creatures in the world, and I'm so very fortunate that she was so determined to be my friend when we first met (I apparently was very curt and aloof, though I have no memory of this. I think she's making it up). 
 Happy Birthday, my pretty doll. I miss you so much, and I wish I could be with you on this birthday and every other you will ever have. Alas, this goshdarned ocean insists upon wedging itself between us. Still, know that this wasted heart will love you until you look like this:

Sarah - Yes, I have a ridiculous number of pictures of you. I know, it's really creepy. I'm sorry for stalking you so thoroughly. 

4 comments:

  1. Great pictures!
    Love your blog! Check out mine :)
    www.fashion-and-stuff-like-that.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like yours too. You have such cute outfits :)

      Delete
  2. wow. the pictures are very nice and your blog is interesting :)) would you like to check out my latest post, sweetie? keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You have such cute style :)

      Delete