Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Move: Volcan de Tinamar

I'm finally in Madrid, and have been for the past four days or so, and it's so much more wonderful than I could ever have imagined. I'm trying really hard to wait until I've been here for longer to form an actual opinion of the city, but so far Madrid is clean, beautiful, and noisy, though not unpleasantly so. And its people are impatient - though in a good way. I'm not sure how much sense that last one makes, but if you know how impatient I am then... yes, I suppose it does make sense after all. Since the move was done in stages (we took a ferry to Huelva, then drove through Seville and Caceres before arriving at Madrid), I figured I would dedicate a post to each one in order to do each place justice. Here is the first installment, the Volcan de Tinamar, which was the name of the ferry we took from Tenerife.






The ferry was gorgeous and surprisingly empty. We spent the majority of the trip (around 30 hours) sitting in a little cafeteria-looking area and were pretty much by ourselves the entire time.











I will probably spend the rest of my life avoiding any time of maritime travel. Seasickness is no fun at all. But it really wasn't so bad - we had assigned times to go visit Lady and walk her, and we met this little girl named Lily who gave her about a thousand treats every time we saw her. She had a little dog named Tim (her dad called him Tim-Tim, cutest thing) and who was the sweetest and most darling little old dog.






The sunset.



The sunset + my sunglasses.


The sunset + my sunglasses + my dad's sunglasses.





Next up, Huelva & Sevilla.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, you tease. I've been checking every day for updates and you post just a little thing. Gahhhhh. Also, should the portside signs be in Spanish instead of English/Japanese? Finally, you are adorable for those sunset pictures. Absolutely adorable. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mahahaha, I exist simply to frustrate you >:] I really don't know. Maybe all crew members of every boat everywhere speak only English or Japanese. You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

      Delete